Friday, December 2, 2011

Top 10 Cocktail Ottomans


As chosen by moi, Jaime Rogers.

While researching a current project,  I decided to create a file of my favorite pieces found...albeit not all appropriate for the aforementioned job.  Nevertheless, what better way than the blog to collect personal favorites as well as create a visual journal of the people, places and projects that I find interesting and frequently serve as inspiration?  It's a winning move, even if I'm the only one to reference it;)  The blog is coming back.


Recently, I was asked to post my Top 10's, so here is the first of many installments. All the pieces included are in line production pieces, meaning if you like for yourself, you can actually get your hands on it.  I'm a big believer in buying the best you can. As long as the scale and proportion are well executed, one finds good usually goes with good.  Remember, a few well selected pieces go a long way in building the credibility of a space, never mind that you can usually use them for decades, if not a lifetime.

If you have personal favorites, please feel free to reference them in the comment section.  I'd love to know!



Now onto the top 10, in no particular order:
(obligatory drum roll) 



 
 1911 Cocktail Ottoman, Hickory Chair









































I've used this piece in a previous project; great style, pragmatic and versatile.  What's not to like?









Sumptuous as it is as shown, I could easily see this one in linen with a graphic tape along the bottom. Love it.






 

I'm actually using this piece in a current project...more on that later.











 

I'd love to see a graphic pattern or suzani on this piece!










Peyton Ottoman, Ralph Lauren




Again, if you have favorites you would like us to know about, do tell.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails